TEAM NEWS & SUPPORTERS’ INFORMATION
NEATH v CROSS KEYS (HOME) – SATURDAY, JANUARY 8th, 2022
While clubs across the border are able to accommodate full attendances, Neath RFC will defy the Welsh “Jan-no-rugby” and play old friends Cross Keys at The Gnoll on Saturday (kick off 2.30pm) with a severely restricted crowd limited to a fraction of the normal attendance.
Only the playing squads, essential back-up personnel and 50 supporters will be able to watch despite all the proven advantages of healthy, fresh air recreation.
But, having trained twice this week, the Neath squad are keen to play and, after three weeks already without rugby, coach Pat Horgan has made six changes from the side which started at Bedwas when Neath suffered a 30-36 defeat – their first setback in 12 games.
Captain Aaron Bramwell, Louis Rees, James Roberts and Nicky Griffiths return behind, Sam Langford and Jordan Evans come into the pack while David Langdon, Macauley Griffiths and Chris Morris are back on the replacements’ bench.
Neath can go joint top if they win with a bonus point but the determined Cross Keys outfit and a poor weather forecast will make that exceedingly difficult.
Neath v Cross Keys (Home)
15 Aaron Bramwell (captain); 14 Louis Rees, 13 Ryan Evans, 12 Ben Atkins, 11 James Roberts; 10 Steff Williams, 9 Nicky Griffiths; 1 Jack Powell, 2 Sion Crocker, 3 Tim Ryan; 4 Sam Langford, 5 Jon Barley; 6 Jordan Evans, 8 David Griggs, 7 Alun Jones
Replacements :- 16 Chris Morris, 17 Gareth Lloyd, 18 Jacob Blackmore, 19 Macauley Griffiths, 20 David Langdon
Referee – Mr. David Cambourne (Treorchy)
NEATH RFC – SCHEDULED JANUARY FIXTURES
Sat. January 15 Bargoed (Cup) Home K.O. 2.30pm
Sat. January 22 Maesteg Quins Away K.O. 2.30pm
Sat. January 29 Bargoed Home K.O. 2.30pm
Neath RFC is governed by Welsh Government guidelines.
For this game therefore, a maximum of 50 spectators is allowed – the lucky 50 season ticket holders should note the following :-
- Kick-off 2.30pm – Gates open at 2.00pm
- Spectators must satisfy lateral flow tests before the game, wear masks and sit socially distanced (2m away) and where ordered by the stewards.
- No Match Programmes for this game – teams will be announced via the A.system before the game.
- The refreshments kiosk is not allowed so spectators should bring their own.
- The Gnoll is a strictly no-smoking and no-vaping stadium.
- No dogs allowed EXCEPT those which assist the visually-impaired.
- Parking – surface and multi-storey car parks and on-street parking are available near the ground (check closure times).
- The Clubhouse will be open (before and after) but spectators must abide by current Coronavirus rules – prior booking, tables of six, masks to be worn when not at table, table service only, track and trace.
- * N.B. – Neath RFC is adhering to best Coronavirus practice with the aim of safe enjoyment of the game for all. Should any issues or concerns arise, please address a steward for advice.