TEAM NEWS & SUPPORTERS’ INFORMATION: NEATH v GLAMORGAN WANDERERS (HOME) – SATURDAY, OCTOBER 23rd, 2021
After an absence of five weeks, Neath RFC are at home to Glamorgan Wanderers on Saturday (kick off 2.30pm) in the third round of the second phase of the WRU Championship Cup.
Neath’s thrilling win at Ystrad Rhondda last week gives the Blacks a 100 per cent record in the tournament which they will want to build upon.
The Neath starting line-up shows only four changes as coach Pat Horgan strives to maintain continuity whilst keeping the whole squad active.
Behind the scrum Iestyn Morgan continues at full back, Neath’s three-quarters are all in good form at the moment and this week Jon Bayliss and James Roberts get the nod on the wings with captain Ryan Evans and Ben Atkins at centre while Steff Williams and Macauley Griffiths pair up at half-back.
Up front, the front row is unchanged with Chris Morris playing again on permit from Ammanford between Jack Powell and Tim Ryan. Ross O’Connor joins Jon Barley in the powerhouse while the back row is also unchanged featuring Jacob Blackmore, David Griggs and Alun Jones.
Neath will be looking for added impetus off a strong replacements’ bench of Gareth Lloyd, Kelvan Ashby, Sam Langford, Nicky Griffiths and Aaron Bramwell.
Neath v Glamorgan Wanderers (Home)
15 Iestyn Morgan; 14 Jon Bayliss, 13 Ryan Evans (captain), 12 Ben Atkins, 11 James Roberts; 10 Steff Williams, 9 Macauley Griffiths; 1 Jack Powell, 2 Chris Morris, 3 Tim Ryan; 4 Ross O’Connor, 5 Jon Barley; 6 Jacob Blackmore, 8 David Griggs, 7 Alun Jones
Replacements – 16 Gareth Lloyd, 17 Kelvan Ashby, 18 Sam Langford, 19 Nicky Griffiths, 20 Aaron Bramwell
Referee – Mr. Simon Mills (New Dock Stars)
NEATH RFC – FORTHCOMING FIXTURES
Sat. November 13th Narberth Away K.O. 2.30pm
Fri. November 19th Glais (Anniversary) Home K.O. 7.15pm
Sat. November 27th Pontypool Home K.O. 2.30pm
OTHER GAMES AT THE GNOLL
Mon. November 1st Neath Schools Under-15’s v Aberavon K.O. 6.00pm
Wed. November 3rd Neath PT College v Glantaf K.O. 2.30pm
Sat. November 6th Ospreys ‘A’ v Ealing Trailfinders 2nds K.O. 2.00pm
Mon. November 8th Neath Schools Under-15’s v Bridgend K.O. 6.00pm
AND DON’T FORGET …
Fri. November 5th ANNUAL COMMUNITY FIREWORKS DISPLAY 5.30pm
For supporters’ interest and comfort, please note :-
- It is an all-pay occasion – admission is only £5 (Under-16’s free).
- Supporters are advised to get to the ground early in order to avoid congestion at the turnstiles which are located at the town end of the ground.
- Gates open at 1.45pm – and it will speed progress if supporters bring the correct money.
- Covid Mini Match Programmes (£1) are available immediately inside the turnstiles – don’t miss it as latest Fixture-List is included !
- Full range of refreshments – hot, cold, solid and liquid – on sale too.
- The Gnoll is a strictly no-smoking and no-vaping stadium and the only dogs allowed are those which assist the visually-impaired.
- Parking – surface and multi-storey car parks are available near the ground.
*** N.B. – Neath RFC is adhering to best Coronavirus practice with the aim of safe enjoyment of the game for all. Should any issues or concerns arise, please address a steward for advice.