NEATH v KENFIG HILL (HOME) – FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 11th, 2022
Neath RFC play Division 1 West side Kenfig Hill at The Gnoll on Friday (kick off 7.15pm).
The “Mules”, as Kenfig Hill are known, were down to play at The Gnoll on Boxing Day but disappointingly the game had to be cancelled due to the Coronavirus crowd restrictions which pertained to Wales.
Jonny Bayliss switches to full back with Iestyn Morgan deputising for Steff Williams who is unavailable as half back partner to Macauley Griffiths.
Much interest will surround winger Aaron Grabham who returned to Neath from Kenfig Hill earlier in the season but returns to Croft Goch on permit occasionally. On the other flank is young Ben Griffin while Iwan Johnes teams up with Ryan Evans at centre.
Up front, Jack Powell and Gareth Lloyd pack down either side of hooker Sion Crocker with Sam Langford partnering Ross O’Connor in the second row while the back row features fit-again Ciaran Comerford, Jacob Blackmore and Dyfan Ceredig.
Neath v Kenfig Hill (Home)
15 Jonny Bayliss, 14 Aaron Grabham, 13 Ryan Evans (Capt.), 12 Iwan Johnes, 11 Ben Griffin; 10 Iestyn Morgan, 9 Macauley Griffiths; 1 Jack Powell, 2 Sion Crocker, 3 Gareth Lloyd; 4 Sam Langford, 5 Ross O’Connor; 6 Ciaran Comerford, 8 Jacob Blackmore, 7 Dyfan Ceredig
Replacements :- (From) Chris Morris, Huw Wilkes, Tim Ryan, David Griggs, Alun Jones, Owain Morgan, Jordan Evans, Nicky Griffiths, Owain Hopkins, Ben Atkins, Aaron Bramwell
* Change of referee – now Mr. Carwyn Williams (Swansea Valley)
NEATH RFC – FORTHCOMING FIXTURES
Sat. February 19 Tata Steel Home K.O. 2.30pm
Thu. February 24 Central Glam. R.U.(150th) Home K.O. 7.15pm
Sat. March 5 Maesteg Quins (Cup) Away K.O. 2.30pm
Sat. March 12 Ystalyfera Away K.O. 2.30pm
- Entrance only via the turnstiles at the Town End of the ground
- Gates will be open at 6.30pm
- Admission – £5 (adults & OAP), Under-16’s FREE
- Season Tickets are valid
- Team Sheets – £1
- Snack Bar will be open for refreshments (hot & cold, wet and dry)
- Clubhouse will be open downstairs before and after for supporters
- Car-Parking – from 6.00pm Rosser Street surface is FREE, otherwise plenty of off-street available, Council usually closes multi-storey
- The Gnoll is a no smoking, no vaping stadium
- No dogs allowed – other than those accompanying the visually-impaired
Finally, if you have any Coronavirus concerns, please address a steward.