MATCH & TEAM NEWS NEATH v SWANSEA (HOME) – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th, 2021
Match News – Supporters Info
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AS NOT ALL SUPPORTERS
READ THE WEBS-SITE / SOCIAL MEDIA.
Neath RFC entertain Swansea at The Gnoll on Saturday (kick off 2.30pm).
For supporters’ interest and comfort, please note :-
- It is an all-pay occasion – admission is only £5 (Under-16’s free).
- Supporters are advised to get to the ground earlier than usual in order to avoid congestion at the turnstiles which are located at the town end of the ground.
- Gates open at 1.45pm – and it will speed progress if supporters bring the correct money.
- Refreshments are available immediately inside the turnstiles as are Match Programmes (£1).
- The Gnoll is a strictly no-smoking and no-vaping stadium and the only dogs allowed are those which assist the visually-impaired.
- Parking – surface and multi-storey car parks are available near the ground.
*** N.B. – Neath RFC is adhering to best Coronavirus practice with the aim of safe enjoyment of the game for all. Should any issues or concerns arise, please address a steward for advice.
Neath coach Pat Horgan says, “Swansea have named a very big pack but they like to spread the ball and we expect a completely different challenge this week in a fixture to look forward to.
“We have a lot of newcomers this year and are juggling selection so that everyone gets an early chance. Team building does not happen overnight and it takes a heavy commitment to training and learning together to develop the fluid game we are seeking.
“We need to be patient and we are looking to continue to make those small improvements which will get us to where we need to be.”
Neath’s selection sees six changes to the starting line-up with Aaron Bramwell, Ian Ellis, Ben Atkins and Elis Horgan coming in behind the scrum and Josh Clark and Ciaran Comerford at forward. The replacements’ bench – equally as important in this era of rolling replacements or interchanges – is yet to be finalised but Neath Athletic front rower Morgan Thomas again appears on permit.
Neath v Swansea (Home)
15 Aaron Bramwell (captain); 14 Ian Ellis, 13 Ryan Evans, 12 Ben Atkins, 11 James Roberts; 10 Steffen Williams, 9 Elis Horgan; 1 Gareth Lloyd, 2 Josh Clark, 3 Tim Ryan; 4 Ciaran Comerford, 5 Jon Barley; 6 Alun Jones, 8 David Griggs, 7 Owain Morgan
Replacements – (From) Morgan Thomas, A.N. Other, Sam Langford, Jacob Blackmore, Ross O’Connor, Dyfan Ceredig, Macauley Griffiths, Luke Griffiths, David Langdon, Jonathan Bayliss
Sat Sept 18 Tata Steel Home 2.30pm