MATCH & TEAM NEWS: NEATH v MAESTEG HARLEQUINS (HOME) – SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 4th, 2021
Match News – Supporters Info
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AS NOT ALL SUPPORTERS READ THE WEBSITE / SOCIAL MEDIA.
Neath RFC play their first home game of the season when they entertain Maesteg Harlequins at The Gnoll on Saturday (kick off 2.30pm).
It is Neath’s first home game since March 2020 and :-
- It is an all-pay occasion – admission is only £5 (Under-16’s free).
- Supporters are advised to get to the ground earlier than usual in order to avoid congestion at the turnstiles which are located at the town end of the ground.
- Gates open at 1.45pm – and it will speed progress if supporters bring the correct money.
- Refreshments are available immediately inside the turnstiles as are Match Programmes (£1).
- The Gnoll is a strictly no-smoking and no-vaping stadium and the only dogs allowed are those which assist the visually-impaired.
- Parking – surface and multi-storey car parks are available near the ground.
*** N.B. – Neath RFC is adhering to best Coronavirus practice with the aim of safe enjoyment of the game for all. Should any issues or concerns arise, please address a steward for advice.
Maesteg Harlequins won the first outing in the Championship Cup 32-23 so an entertaining afternoon’s rugby is promised.
The Blacks were in better nick in winning 60-13 win at Gilfach Goch last midweek and the starting line-up shows several changes.
Up front, Gareth Lloyd, Sion Crocker and Tim Ryan pack down in the front row with Sam Langford and Jon Barley packing down behind them. The back row features the return of Alun Jones alongside David Griggs and Owain Morgan who captains the side.
Behind the scrum, Luke Griffiths is at full back with Jonny Bayliss and James Roberts on the wings and Ryan Evans and David Langdon at centre. Steff Williams and Macauley Griffiths team up at half-back.
The five-man replacements’ bench is yet to be finalised but Neath Athletic recruit Ciaran Comerford will feature.
Neath v Maesteg Harlequins (Home)
15 Luke Griffiths; 14 Jonathan Bayliss, 13 Ryan Evans, 12 David Langdon, 11 James Roberts; 10 Steffen Williams, 9 Macauley Griffiths; 1 Gareth Lloyd, 2 Sion Crocker, 3 Tim Ryan; 4 Sam Langford, 5 Jon Barley; 6 Alun Jones, 8 David Griggs, 7 Owain Morgan (captain)
Replacements – (From) Jack Powell, Josh Clark, A.N. Other, Jacob Blackmore, Ciaran Comerford, Elis Horgan, Ben Atkins
Sat Sept 11 Swansea Home 2.30pm
Sat Sept 18 Tata Steel Home 2.30pm