It’s been a while since our last update as to what the supporters club have been doing to help the team out.
Fundraising is our main source of income. The matchday raffle, sales of merchandise and membership payments being the main sources. Thanks must go to the people who have sponsored some of our various events too.
With that money we can buy items of extra equipment that assists in the team’s day to day running.
These are some of the items we have purchased/financed/supported over the years.
- Training/leisurewear for the squad.
- Washing machines x2.
- A video camera to assist in match analysis as well as a projector to playback the games.
- A cabinet for the stadium defibrillator as well as payment for it to be installed.
- Man of the match awards.
- Refurbishment and decoration of the changing rooms.
- Contributed, twice, towards the upkeep and care of the pitch to keep it in tip top condition during the off season.
- Supported many community projects i.e. Easter egg and Christmas toy collections(This was alongside the fun bus.)
- Supported a local school rugby team within our community, by financing sponsorship on their kit.
- Financed the 150th anniversary merchandise, which is still for sale via the Neath RFC website:
The above list isn’t all that has been donated/financed. There is much more that would take up so much space if we included them.
The amount spent is now well over £15000 when totalled up. So a big thank you must go to the members and non members alike who have contributed/supported us financially over the years.
If you would like to become a member then please come and see us at a home game. You will find us before and after the match in the clubhouse lounge. Membership is only £10/season and you can be assured that all profits go towards helping the team.
We would now like to let you all know about the latest purchase that was made with your help, the Recoverfit physio equipment.
As the name suggests the kit aids the speedy recovery/recuperation of players carrying injuries. It is a comprehensive piece of kit comprising of a main control unit that sets the level of intensity of the treatment, as well as smaller hand held units that the players can take home to increase the time used for their treatment. Various sleeves/covers are included that fit over the various body joints along with muscle stimulation pads. There are also 2 sleeves that fit over the full length of the leg that would need treatment. We also purchased a chest freezer which is needed to store the sleeves/covers.
(Image features Kerry Nicholas and Rebekah Powney (Club Physios) and Neath players Iestyn Morgan and Morgan Kneath)
Kerry Nicholas and Rebekah Powney, our club physios, have said thank you for purchasing the kit. This will be a great aid towards the recovery of the players, it will allow us to free up some of our time working on some individual injuries, as the players can self administer the treatment. This will assist them to take to the field quicker after treating the injury.
So there you have it, just a few words letting you know how your money helps out the team.